Microsoft Outlook 2010 is included in both Microsoft Office 2010 suite and some versions of Office 365. This third party email client is available by means of purchase to the open public and is similar in function to Outlook 2013.
Setting up Email in Outlook 2010
Follow the instructions below to configure email using Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup Wizard
Should you opt to use the Startup Wizard, when it appears:
- Click Next.
- On the E-mail Accounts page of the wizard, click next to set up an email account.
- Proceed to step 4 below.
- Open Outlook 2010.
- Click on the File menu.
- Click Add Account.
- On the Auto Account Setup page, your name and email address will auto populate based on how you've logged into your computer. If these settings are correct, click Next.
- If the auto-populated information is incorrect, then you have two options:
Outlook will then perform an internet search to automatically find your email server settings.
- Go back to the Auto Account Setup page and correct the settings.
- Reset the options on the Auto Account Setup page by clicking the Option button next to Manually configure server settings and then clicking the Option button next to Email Accounts.
- When prompted, provide the full email address and password for the email account being configured.
- You will be informed that the setup is complete. Click Finish to finalize the process.